Thursday, November 10, 2011

TLDR

So I decided to take out a active armor megathron today.

Now, never flying previously a mega, or having any sort of T2 guns, or realistically never firing blasters more then maybe 10 times in my entire EVE career, (2 gank brutixes and 1 ferox, which promptly got some AC love after figuring out how terrible blasters were), I can not fathom why this was a good idea. However, I still stand behind it.

[Megathron, meta active]

7x Modal Mega Electron Particle Accelerator I (Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L)
Heavy 'Gremlin' Power Core Disruptor I

Quad LiF Fueled I Booster Rockets
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II
Heavy F-RX Prototype I Capacitor Boost (Cap Booster 800)

2x Large Armor Repairer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Armor Kinetic Hardener II
Armor Thermic Hardener II
Damage Control II

Large Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Large Hybrid Collision Accelerator I

5x Warrior II
5x Hammerhead II
5x Vespa EC-600


So, After flying around with frigates and unsuccessfully catching a drake ( tackle got ecm droned) Sule asked for some help, the fleet switched ships, and we jumped 6 or 7 gates to get to him. He eventually caught a drake in his drake, and when we warped to him, their was also a shield harbinger there.


Not too eventful.

Then Sule suggested I go and bait the cynabal, rupture, stiletto, and some other crap on the gate. while under gateguns. excellent.

Here comes the TLDR.
Popped exile, OL the lows, went FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, and jumped out in 1/4 structure.
Did I mention the gateguns before?

My shiny new megathron took 1200 damage from guns and went bye bye.

Anyway, just thought it was humourus, I plan to try it again, though maybe not with a gang as large :) How large was the gang you ask?  Well you can't see it ( I'm not posting the mail OFC) so I'm ganna do what I usually do after a fight, look at the logs, and then tell you.


Edit: Looks like it was only a cynabal,stiletto, arazu, rifter, muninn, velator (LOL) and an anathema who fired on me. Plus the gategun, and possibly another BC.

2 comments:

  1. Active tanked Megathron? LOL You'd probably have better results with a triple-rep myrmidon for what you seem to be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. same tank as dominix, though i put a magstab instead of an eanm. minus the rigs of course

    ReplyDelete