Thursday, December 22, 2011

I flew a rifter?

So I had a few minutes only to actually be undocked, and someone comes into local and starts talking to a corpie of mine.

Seems hes itching for a fight and is in a rifter. I look around my hanger and find a big box spray painted "rifter", have my mechanic pop it open and out falls a bunch of rusty metal. Three minutes later and its assembled.... mostly.


I have crappy modules for frigates and have him install what I've got, some 200mm ACs, full tackle and an AB, a SAR, 200mm plate I stole off of one of Konigs frigates, and a damage control. No room for rigs, but its gunna be all gravy.

Very close fight with me holding the field at 51% structure, tackled the POD and invited him into the ransom channel.

[02:58:31] EVE System > Channel MOTD: Hello, one or more members of The Tuskers are prepared to destroy your vessel. Should you wish to pay a ransom to save your ship, please do the following immediately:

1. Turn off all modules (including guns, missile launchers, webbers, scrams, etc.) and recall all drones. Stop your ship.

2. From the time a ransom amount appears below, you will have 30 seconds to pay the amount specified. Right-click the picture of the pirate stating our demands and select "give money" to do this.

If you do not comply immediately, we will re-open fire on your vessel. If we get nervous for any reason we will re-open fire on your vessel.
Tuskers Ransom Board
[03:26:51] Plutonian > gf
[03:26:55] Aznwithbeard > tell me a joke and save ur pod :)
[03:27:03] Plutonian > Got a good one.
[03:27:23] Plutonian > A man finds his path barred by a wide lake.
[03:27:34] Plutonian > He looks to the other side and sees a blonde fishing.
[03:27:46] Plutonian > So he shouts... Hey!  How do I get to the other side?
[03:27:48] Plutonian > She says...
[03:27:56] Plutonian > You're already there!
[03:28:05] Aznwithbeard > lol, good stuff, good stuff.
[03:28:17] Aznwithbeard > ur free to go, whats in ur head if u dont mind me asking?
[03:29:04] Plutonian > Crap implants... two of them.  The ones worth about 1 mllion
[03:29:19] Plutonian > Not anywhere good enough to fly with the good stuff... yet.
[03:29:21] Aznwithbeard > haha, i figured id do a joke since ur sus's friend or something :)
[03:29:34] Aznwithbeard > erm, i think we had the same fit hahaha
[03:29:36] Plutonian > We were in Eve Uni together.
[03:29:42] Aznwithbeard > oo
[03:29:56] Plutonian > The lack of DC concerns me on it.
[03:30:14] Plutonian > Nice DPS, but not much staying power.
[03:30:18] Aznwithbeard > nah i was fit a bit differently
[03:30:46] Aznwithbeard > but in any case, good fight, thanks for the joke. come back if u want more practice!
[03:31:11] EVE System > Plutonian was kicked from the channel by Aznwithbeard
Effective until: 2011.12.23 04:01
Reason: "ransom paid"




Killmail here.

Afterthoughts:

I can't believe I won. I'm really terrible with frigates, hence I did not have one fit.  The 200s did alright, but I'd have prefered 150s and a nos. Was a very close fight, and I'm glad to see people still honor themselves by not bringing their alts (his was in system) to help them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment