Thursday, February 16, 2012

Oh FFS

Well, If you can't figure out from the title, my first day in my summer location didn't start out QUITE like I planned.

After sorting through the modules, I started running around looking for things to pew.

Linked frigates in Amamake calling me a scrub for not engaging their ares doing 10k m/s + griffin + megathron? Moving on.

Amarr militia running a linked cynabal moving 7.5k m/s perched on the undock of the minnie militia station? Moving on.

Apotheosis autopiloting through one of the most dangerous pockets of lowsec? Not on my watch. Podded too.

I wandered around the neighborhood for about 1/2 hour until I had some hope. Sitting on a perch on the Auga gate in Kourmonen, I see some combat scanner probes. I sit there for about 5 minutes until I start blatantly running my MWD to blow up my sig, therefore making me easier to scan down. Mind you, I'm sitting, visible, off the stargate.

Step one, warp in. Step two, see me. Step three, drop probes @ .5 AU from gate, make nice plus sign.
Step four, get perfect hit first scan, warp in.

But nooooooo.

Literally 20 or so minutes of me waiting and I'm getting bored, so I initiate warp to the gate. Literally as soon as I do that an Amarr Arazu lands on top of me. Oh hello! 

Approach, scram, neuts, guns, drones, YOU SO DEAD. Local explodes, proteus, 2x cynabal, some other junk, I'm about 2 cycles in and the arazu is out of shields and hasn't even locked yet, then suddenly I warp? WTF.

[ 2012.02.16 06:45:26 ] (notify) For initiating combat your security status has been adjusted by -0.1197.
[ 2012.02.16 06:45:26 ] (notify) You cannot do that while warping.
[ 2012.02.16 06:45:26 ] (notify) Approaching what?

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN APPROACH WHAT? Suddenly I'm at the gate surrounded by very excited Amarr blob Infantry. Not the best position I've ever been. Proteus + cynabal rip into me, I tank like Empress Jamyl dies with honor, IE not well.

Half armor and I jump-
into the cynabal and arazu that didn't agress. Point damp arties gateguns, POP. Warp the pod off.

Though I'm [+172,701,000] on the isk report for the night, I didn't scoop any loot, I'm down a ship, and the slavers have taken a noble vessel sheepishly and without any sort of class. As always.

With the Insurance received (24,674,940.00) I have lessened my investment in the summer home to [94,702,408.34], though I am currently down a ship. Whoops.

Not a good start.


1 comment:

  1. The link thing is getting out of hand. I guess when you ruin people's Drams they have to resort to other forms of lameness.

    ReplyDelete