Thursday, February 24, 2011

And so it begins

Shit, I knew this would happen.
After I finished the last of my courses to become a capsuleer, and finishing the various tutorials laid out before me to help with my shift from civilian life to capsuleer life, I was given a letter of recommendation to enlist into the Minmatar Militia. Not giving it a second thought, I threw it in my pack and entered my last gift upon graduating; a Thrasher class destroyer.

My new life was ahead of me, in the span of a few days I had been given some ship modules, skillbooks, as well as Slasher class, Burst class, Probe class and Rifter class frigates, as well as the aforementioned Thrasher. Two days after becoming a full fledged capsuleer, and I had enough isk, ships, and modules to retire already and return to civilian life. My parents saved isk for half their lives to buy their mining burst, and mined the rest of their lives to save enough money to put me into capsuleer training. There was no turning back.

It wasn’t until much later in my life as a capsuleer, that I actually took out that letter of recommendation. It was the final sentence that had startled me – “Let it be known that you may be called upon to serve your people, at any time, for any reason, and it is with this honor that you will help your race, your tribe, and your people, for it is your responsibility as a Minmatar born capsuleer.”

Well needless to say I was in the temporary office of my new corporation the other day when I got a letter in the mail. I opened it, fully expecting to see Concord attempt to charge me more ISK for something else having to do with opening up a new corporation, but instead, it was a Minmatar Militia draft notice. Great, all this time spent setting up a nice new office, recruiting potential employee(s), and just like that, the rug is ripped out from under me. I have seven days before I need to go in, better get my affairs in order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment